Saturday 27 December 2014

Thursday, December 18th, 2014

Saranagati Village, British Columbia
 
Stepping Through Silence
 
 
I was stepping through silence in this world of mountain magic. Suddenly I was struck by surprise. The quiet of walking broke. A grouse just appeared seemingly out of nowhere. He fluttered in frenzy and made his way to hide behind the bushes. No doubt I was the one who scared him. Life or signs of it are very diminished on a winter's day but "look, listen and feel." There is always some life force exhibiting itself even during the sleepiest seasons.
 
I had gone house-hopping in the valley and the space in between each home allows for the most uplifting breath sensation. Phoebe, who is, it`s my guess part Labrador, caught up to me again. To keep this eight month-old large pup engaged you throw a stick for her to catch. I also toss out a mantra or two. Yes, even dogs are eligible recipients of sacred sound.
 
My `hopping`program began at 5:15 at the local temple with Kulashekar, then Mahidhar, the school, then lunch at Partha and Uttama`s, then back to Mahidhar and finally the gorgeous and rustic home of Govinda Gosh where his dear wife Bhava held her birthday party.
 
Govinda is a great chef and his personality to add, draws the community. Well we had the kirtan of our life- boisterous, bold and beautiful.
 
In the serenity of a mountain valley, so much joy can explode.
 
May the Source be with you!
 
5 KM

No comments: