Friday 2 January 2015

Friday, December 26th, 2014

Man of Understanding: J.W.
 
Toronto, Ontario
 
 
The Christmas frenzy is on, perhaps post Christmas or more popularly known as Boxing Day when goods are at a discount.
 
I was taking my walk down Yonge Street. It became obvious that reverence to Jesus just did not linger. Frankly the commercial push at this time of the year appears more gruesome than the crucifixion. What would Christ say? It’s all about bargains, things, money, waste and stress.
 
My criticism and absolute Scroogeism does not reflect on the good Son himself, nor on truly reverential followers of the Christ.
 
Members of our local community as well as members from all over the world act as opportunists to the occasion. My God, you won’t blame them for being out amidst the post Christmas shoppers. It’s really more like Christmas shocking during the Christmas shopping – on unfortunate cultural norm.
 
It’s at this time of the year that is sacred to pagans, sacred to Jews and Christians and Hindus. It was in December that the most famous penetrating dialog of all times was spoken by Sri Krishna. Local devotees of Krishna converged at Yonge and Dundas to chant and distribute profusely Bhagavad-Gitas. I was swift on my feet to meet and join in the pleasure of the disbursement. Fate had it that I was late. I missed the group by five minutes. I rapidly returned to the ashram only to find by e-mail that J.W. Windland passed away. Who was he? Well, he was a magnanimous soul who died of oral cancer on Christmas Day. It’s a loss because he built many bridges and took down many walls – bridges of communication and walls of misunderstanding on the subject of varying spiritual expressions amongst us.
 
It was a pleasure to have known J.W. who established the organization “Encounter”. Fortunately a succession plan was in place as I understand from the news I received from Brian Carwana.
My mantras I dedicate to J.W.
 
May the Source be with you!

7 KM

No comments: