Thursday 29 January 2015

Monday, January 26th, 2015

Dallas/Detroit/Toronto

From Airport To Airport


Hours were given to air, little on ground.  Hours were also given to mantra, and not words, shastra (holy texts).  I was not able to carry on much of anything.  Baggage on flight was stowed as check-in, and so I was left with mantra only, but that’s okay, it’s positive providence.  In the Detroit airport, I went for a juice at a newsstand.  The woman at the counter asked about my clothes. 

“I’m a monk, a Hare Krishna monk,” I answered.  After I made the purchase, done in a hurry due to a tight flight connection, the young black woman was waiting.  Her eyes looked at me with an anticipation as I grabbed change and the receipt.  She asked another question.

“Well, aren’t you gonna tell me somethin’?”  When I said, “Hare Krishna”, the term didn’t register even when I gave its origins, “An ancient tradition from India.  By now a lineup occurred behind me, and so hastily I offered her a, “God bless,” and so, I believe, she felt it. 

Most folks on flights were on business trips.  The clothes, the demeanor, and their talking revealed their convictions.  I can appreciate that they were in that mode.  It would just be nice if God could be inserted here and there, like the juice lady who wanted just a small hint of the spiritual as an insertion for the day.

May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: