Tuesday 13 January 2015

Saturday, January 3rd, 2015

Montreal, Quebec

Did Not!


Today The Walking Monk did not walk, he trained. 

I boarded Via Rail at Union Station in Toronto for the trip to Montreal.  It was a pleasant ride.  Western trains generally are a leisure way to travel.  The scenery was alright between the two cities.  It just becomes a bit tiring seeing the colour of winter brown.  That gradually changes as you go northeast.  The ground becomes covered, like icing sugar, with sprinkled snow.  White becomes more prominent by the time Montreal is reached. 

Next to me on the train, I met a young male passenger who’s on an adventure in life.  He’s on his way to join the armed forces.  “Why?” I asked him.  His answer was honest and innocent, “I come from a poor family.  Joining the forces as opposed to furthering my education right now will help me financially.  Also, I thought it’s a good thing to defend the country when in need.”

I thought it to be a commendable remark.  I was happy for him.  I couldn’t see this fellow getting deeply into drugs, drink, and girls.  At best, he’d be a moderate in habits of such sorts, I speculated.  Anyways, I wished him well as we detrained. 

My analysis of this day is me feeling real good about conducting another of those seminars on kirtan standards, where some young people showed up and kept engaged in the interactiveness that took place.  When you consider that there are lots of options out there on a Saturday night, they vied for doing something very positive.

May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: