Thursday 29 January 2015

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015

Toronto, Ontario

Plan in Jan


January is a great month for planning your year, so how this fits into my world is that I have plans to be walking in the States for pilgrimage purposes once again.  We are looking at the month of September as the start up send off time which means a walk from the northeast in Boston to Butler, Pennsylvania, and then finally to New York City. 

This is all to coordinate with the time that our guru, Srila Prabhupada, landed on US soil 50 years ago.  It’s a milestone event, really, since in one way or another, he affected the lives of many North Americans and people all over the world. 

I look to this project with anticipation and have been thinking about trekking in the US for many years now.  Back in 1997 I had done a pilgrimage presentation to a group of Krishna devotees in the communications department in Detroit.  I had, at that time, asked the group what they thought about me doing a trek across the US, which I expect to execute next year in 2016.  The consensus was totally favourable. 

To my Canadian friends of whom some have expressed concern for reasons that America’s wild, violent, gun happy, redneck, Bible thumping evangelical cowboy condemnists, I say that that is not my experience.  I am looking toward an adventure, and being in the place where a small holy man from India was accepted back in ’65.  He had been received by the American public at that time with a glance embrace, or at least were very curious. 

May the Source be with you!

9 KM

No comments: