Thursday 19 February 2015

Monday, February 16th, 2015

Mayapur, India

Hit By A Monk


One swami gave me a slug.  Yes, in truth I got hit by a monk in the left brow and cheek.  It was not ill-intended.  It was an accident but at the time it felt a hard blow.

What actually happened is that at the first day of the kirtan mela, the chanting fest, I was making my dance moves during the chant session.  Dozens of men were following my lead when Chandramauli Swami comes in to participate.  He always gravitates to the place where there's a beat and a thump and a mantra - I commend him for that.

At one point in the kirtan he broke into a wild spin and like a tornado he spun out of control and headed my way.  The Maharaja apologetically said, "I stepped out of line, I'm sorry."  And of course, all was done with genuine heart.  The incident had all alarmed but the dance persisted and both swamis, he and I, demonstrated a transcendence, if I could say.  The hurt subsided and there were no signs of permanent damage.

Life goes on, as it should, with the chant in prevalence.

I think of the conviction of our guru, Srila Prabhupada, who carried on, despite being knocked over by a horned bull while on the streets in Delhi, and how on his ocean journey on the vessel "The Jaladuta" he encountered two heart attacks, but on the will of persistence, forged ahead with a mission.

The apparent blow to my head was minuscule compared to what my guru has done.

May the Source be with you!

6 KM

No comments: