Wednesday 15 April 2015

Friday, April 10th, 201

Toronto, Ontario

Along Mud Creek


Along Mud Creek the ash trees have been cut down and more are to follow.  The reason?  According to signs posted along the ravine, we are informed that the emerald ash bore a pesky green beetle, and it is taking the life out of these trees.

The Parks and Recreation Department is on the assignment to manage the forest along the creek.  What can I say?  I hate to see trees go, but then, someone who knows more than me has to manage.  My observation is that nature seems to be cruel unto itself.  It nurtures and then demolishes. 

While on this walk by the creek, my walking partner, Durjoy, and I, came upon a group of youths mildly intoxicated.  Humans are always interesting.  We also nurture and destroy.  I guess because we are an integral part of nature.  Self destructive might be the term.  In any event, the kids, if I may call them so, were curious about us.  Handshakes were exchanged and they were happy to receive the mantra we are known for, “Hare Krishna”.  But now, back to the trail.  Much energy is going into the restoration of the forest and the creek along the way.  The mud deepened due to the sinking tires of trucks occupying the space during the day.  The thick mud forced us to turn back.  Boulders have been brought in and dumped to evade erosion I guess.  In one sense, it’s encouraging and commendable to see the efforts made to keep the forest and the creek alive. 

Much investment needs doing within our own psycho physical being, like the work done at the creek.

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: