Monday 6 April 2015

Thursday, April 2nd, 2015

Durban, South Africa

Lucky!

I consider myself a lucky chap.  I have an understudy for a director here.  Yes, we are pulling together two dramas for the festival this week and when I get tired, needing some choreography assistance I have someone to depend on.

Prem Vikas just turned 29 yesterday and he's a great talent on the stage.  He hails from Pretoria, the capital city of South Africa.  In fact, a number of people in our cast are from Pretoria.

In reflection on productions done since January of this year, it seems to be a consequence of divine arrangement that a younger group are stepping up to the task of directing.  I can think of Kish who helped me tremendously in India. Stage presence he also has being a member of the kirtan band, “The Mayapuris.”  Madava of Australia has great possibilities as a director, being fine in the dance and acting department.

Hmmm! What else about today that is making me feel lucky? Well, lunch today was with Indradyumna Swami, also a former surfer (refer to yesterday's blog).  Having this sanga, companionship is shaping me.

My advice is “Seek good company that enthuses your spirit.”  Make it a priority!

I am lucky.

May the Source be with you!

6 KM

No comments: