Sunday 24 May 2015

Tuesday, May 5th, 2015

Tuesday, May 5th, 2015
Toronto, Ontario

Trekking a Bit of the City


Today I felt like a more complete pilgrim after some administrative duties and lessons in the form of a class were delivered, when I trekked a bit of the city.  I was actually headed towards my dentist for an early morning tomorrow’s appointment.  Yes, I set out a day ahead and prepared myself for a stayover at a devotee’s home, which is midway to my dental destination. 

I had the pleasure to stop in at the six kilometre mark at the residence of a much revered person from our Toronto community.  It was a much needed visit for myself and this fine person whose devotion to Krishna and devotion to people has been sustained to a high level. 

I also found it interesting that before and after that impromptu visit, the interaction was what you might expect from people on a Tuesday afternoon in a large metropolis.  Most people are driven to ‘get somewhere’.  I’m referring to pedestrians as much as the motorists.  Motorists, you just can’t see through the tinted glass.  As far as I’m concerned, they are zoned out to the real world of outdoors. 

I’m sorry to say that about such car controllers.  I don’t envy you guys at all, and so far as pedestrians are concerned, I can see you, and I can try to make eye contact with you, I can say, ‘Hi’ or ‘Hare Krishna’ and feel good about the day and the world, only because you’re out in the open.  Unfortunately, most people choose looking at the whizzing traffic and/or maybe standing there all wired up living in an existence that is of the nature of ‘be-not-here-now’.  Humans, if I could declare it boldly, we really need to get back to family, farm, and God.

May the Source be with you!

14 km

No comments: