Saturday 20 June 2015

Monday, June 8th, 2015

Monday, June 8th, 2015
Alachua, Florida

God Knows!

God knows that I want to put in a little time on a pedometer every day. Frankly I’m not using one but perhaps I should start. If walking long corridors like I did today in Atlanta’s Airport (a stopover) then a device would show some distance on foot. At this point I’m reluctant to count such steps as adding to collective walking for the day. Generally I like to count what I do outside because it is more the full experience.

Since that is the case I can register no kilometres or miles for that matter. I can only think, or dream, of having put on the distance. Being up in the air twice today in order to to reach Gainesville Airport lends itself to dreaming. You are above the the clouds.

Ananta Sesa and Vaishnavi, my hosts in their home, gave only the best meal starting with a salad of greens and sprouts. It would have been great to have walked it off but in truth I’m not a fan for walking through afternoon blazes, the heat of summer Florida.

Nighttime was a preoccupation of in the home of my stay when godbrothers/sisters, and perhaps two generations below came to chant, eat and talk. We talked of our spiritual brother Brahmananda, who passed away yesterday in India. In the 60’s he was the heart of Iskcon, the Hare Krishna Movement. He was one of the first takers to the mission of our guru, Srila Prabhupada, in New York where it all started fifty years ago. One person in the room described him as a transcendental teddy bear. He was large in his build and was soft in the heart. He will be missed.

May the Source be with you!

0 km

No comments: