Friday 14 August 2015

Friday, August 7th, 2015


Friday, August 7th, 2015
Burnaby, British Columbia

Finish It Up

Here's an excerpt which I read at 5 a.m. at "ISKCON of Western Canada" to a group of eager bhaktas, devotees. It's taken from the book "The Perfection of Yoga" by our guru, Srila Prabhupada.

"By virtue of the divine consciousness of his previous life, he automatically becomes attracted to the yogic principles - even without seeking them." (Bg. 6.44). In the material world we have experience that we do not carry our assests from one life to another. I may have millions of dollars in the bank, but as soon as my body is finished it is also finished. At death, the bank balance does not go with me; it remains in the bank to be enjoyed by somebody else. This is not the case with spiritual culture. Even if one enacts a very small amount on the spiritual platform, he takes that with him to his next life, and he picks up again from that point.

When one picks up this knowledge that was interrupted, he should know that he should now finish the balance and complete the yogic process. One should not take the chance of finishing up the process in another birth but should resolve to finish it in this life. We should be determined in this way. "Somehow or other in my last life I did not finish my spiritual cultivation. Now Krishna has given me another opportunity, so let me finish it up in this life."
 
This is a message, bold and beautiful. It's precious!

 
May the Source be with you!

6 km

 

 

 

No comments: