Monday 10 August 2015

Thursday, July 23rd, 2015

Thursday, July 23rd, 2015
Regina, Saskatchewan

Under Attack

The naan bread, that was assembled like a sandwich, went flying in the air. It was half-eaten when the bee stung. He bit right on my nose. Another one got Jay Radhe on the lip.

There was a whole colony of these guys. After the stinging session, we relocated from the grass where we enjoyed (half enjoyed) the naan. I spotted some plantain growing there, grabbed for its leaves and rubbed the juices on to the nose. I’m not sure how Jay Radhe addressed her problem. Somehow we ended up inflammation free.

When do we not get under attack by something? News came to me that a student of mine here in Regina had a case of food poisoning and ended up in the hospital. And then an email message informed me that another student from the States was diagnosed with breast cancer. Interesting world. It is full of siege, conflict, and conquest.

While on a trek through Regina, I came upon a juncture where Regina General Hospital is located. Could this be the hospital of the food poisoned patient? I’m sure he would appreciate a visit by his guru. Unfortunately, I could not remember his legal name and so how was I to find him? I did go inside the hospital, sat by the entrance and waited. Perhaps I would see him come out of his room for a break.

Well, that didn’t happen but one patient did come forward after having her smoke outside. “Oh, what are you doing?” she asked.

“Travelling with a group of youth. I’m a monk, a Hare Krishna monk.”

“I’ve only seen monks on TV. The robes give you away. Are they comfortable?” she asked. Since she was in a patient’s gown, I offered her a ‘get better soon’.

One thing is for sure, we are always under attack.
 

May the Source be with you!

8 km

 

No comments: