Friday 6 November 2015

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015
Jonestown, Pennsylvania


Teacher on the Road



From Herr Street and 17th Avenue in Harrisburg, I moved to Walnut Street, then to Highway 22, and finally along Jonestown Road to the town under that actual name.  The trip began the way I like it, nice and early at 4.30 am.  I went along some retail streets with stores and plazas and finally reached the countryside.  At one point I was reminded of the power of chanting from a signage in front of a Christian church.  There was a quote from the Book of Romans: “For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved”.

“Ok!” I thought, “I’m walking and chanting and not just walking”.

The sun came on strong and the temperature rose to 72 degrees Fahrenheit, unusual for early November.  I’m not complaining.  The light frost that had occurred on some of the days in October turned the leaves to a maroon hue and left them brittle to the point that the rustling sound was very pronounced when an entity, mainly a creature of fur, moved across them.  No quiet way for sneaking around.

My walking crew joined me eventually.  Vivasvan drove Tre’von and Mandala to the spot from where I walked to Swarata Creek.  I caught a nap there before forging ahead for the last trekking of the day to the east side of Jonestown.  

Tre’von is taking my lessons on Sanskrit songs and so I guess I could say I’m a teacher on the road.

May the Source be with you!

25 miles / 40 km

No comments: