Tuesday 15 December 2015

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015
Varadero, Cuba

Relaxer

It was a relaxer of a day for Hayagriva, Nanda, Umesh, and myself at the resort. I took advantage of the opportunity to catch up on reading, writing, and overseeing Hayagriva typing what I guess you could say are “reports” on my recent walk in the States. It’s always good to do this kind of inventory of thought; recalling what achievements were made on pilgrimage. It’s easy to forget the joys of it all, and the challenges. It’s necessary to write it all down and then share it with those who will benefit from it. Then it’s time for planning the next walk.


I did pull out a map to look at what it means to tackle the road in May of next year. The starting point at New York City, en route to San Francisco, should be an exciting time. I’m anticipating it with adventure and therapy.

I also received a strong recommendation from a Spanish monk of our order, Yadunandana Swami, to explore the famous Camino de Santiago for the following year, in 2017. Perhaps I’ll cover a short distance of the long stretch.

My reasons for the treks are multiple. One of the things that drives me is to get out, meet people, and take some interest in their spiritual life. I was reminded of how important this is.

At a buffet at Memories resort, where we checked in six days before, I met this lady who was eager to know. I believe she was Canadian.

“Oh! And what do you represent? Is it Rajneesh?” she asked.

“No! It’s Hare Krishna!”

“Oh yes! I used to see you guys in India all the time. My, you were so outgoing then.”

I believe she was referring to the 70’s or 80’s. I would hope that we could still be known for our extroversion and for our good deeds.

May the Source be with you
 
0 km

 

No comments: