Tuesday 22 December 2015

Wednesday, December 16th, 2015

Wednesday, December 16th, 2015
Burnaby/Honolulu

Near To Heaven

I’m now en route to Hawaii and it is by way of air travel. Actually, it’s Air Canada that is my carrier. It appears to be a new aircraft, a 7-something-7. Passengers are noting the spacious leg room. There’s no screens, which is probably good. You may rent an iPad, if you want. The meal is optional and you pay for that as well. All payment is done by credit card, which rules me out. It ended up being a fully capacitated but quiet flight. Hey, we can all do with a little more shanty, peace, right?

I took a good amount of time to reading “Journal of Vaishnava Studies”, which is probably my favorite of all reads; outside of Bhaktivedanta Book Trust material. I also managed to secure a copy of the “Globe and Mail” newspaper to catch up on the world scene. There was a whole spread on the truth and reconciliation of native children in Canadian residential schools, and the government’s response towards amending. It got me quite emotional looking at pictures of the kids who lead very disturbed lives, beginning with being taken away from their parents. These tragedies went on from the late 1800’s to 1996.

I was greeted by Gurudev Allin of Honolulu after the plane touched down. Family and friends of his were kind to drive me to the local Iskcon temple; which just went through a major battle fumigating termites. Even Hawaii is not heaven.

One strong feature about life in the material world – there’s bugs everywhere.

May the Source be with you!

5 km


No comments: