Sunday 24 January 2016

Monday, January 18th, 2016

Monday, January 18th, 2016
Miami, Florida

From the Park to Carlos

Tropical Park is a new place for my feet. I’ve never been here before. Being Martin Luther King Day, a good number of people took the day off and chose this location for walking their dog or engaging in a family picnic.

Funny though, many people are sporting coats. Odd for Floridians, unless they perceive that temperatures are low. Being a Canuck, I personally love the weather. To be frank, though, I wouldn’t dip into the ponds nearby. It’s still not warm enough.

Speaking of warmth, I met Carlos for a second time. He runs a health shop with a café. Fully vegetarian and fully fun, this facility is an attractive place that drew a few of us devotees, since we were dealing with an unplanned lunch. Why I say it’s attractive here is because of the incredible human skills that Carlos demonstrates. He and his team of employees (all male) really know how to please their customers. A hard worker, an incredible gifted man with jokes, Carlos has got it down.

It was my epiphany that it’s kind and caring personnel like this who win hearts. It is this kind of person that can have success anywhere, even when it comes to running a spiritual centre like a temple. I could see Carlos’s employees enjoying their work, that’s what makes a successful enterprise, when there’s leadership that enthuses everyone.

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: