Thursday 7 January 2016

Thursday, December 31st, 2015

Thursday, December 31st, 2015
Toronto, Ontario

New Year

New Year’s is what it is, a hopeful time. Spirits are high. I guess the word “spirits” is ambiguous.
In front of Old City Hall we did converge and had ready, the two marching drums reserved for this yearly event. We were poised to beat them and all other folks were prepped to sing the song “Hare Krishna.” At 11:45pm we began the uproarious sound when people were drawn into the kirtan. What a happy new year!

A second highlight for me was receiving a poem that landed on my desk by a person who been struggling mentally with his life.

A Prayer to All

Seized with fear,
I can hardly write,
If God Himself wills,
Let me live and learn right,

All the world’s calamities,
Come probably from me,
But I don’t know anything about them,
Until I hear from people on T.V.

Please, everyone spare my life,
And let me chant God’s Name.
Bow to His feet and learn to serve,
Have mercy, I’ll follow His reign.


May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: