Sunday 24 April 2016

Friday, April 15th, 2016

Friday, April 15th, 2016
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

A Support Man Emerged

This was a milestone of a day.  Not only because the calendar marks it as Ram-Nauvami, the birthday of Ram, but good news came my way.  I had been struggling to find a support person to execute a planned cross-US walk to honour the 50th anniversary of Iskcon.  My former trusted Daruka, of Winnipeg, just can’t make it this time.

I would have preferred an American citizen with an American license and an American vehicle.  After all, the plan is to trek through America.

About a week ago I received an email from an Abhimanyu Arjuna from Florida.  He expressed, “I need to travel with you,” indicating he needed a change.  This was a perfect queue to reach out to him.  It was a “YES” from both sides.  I need to know if he’s ready for the responsibility, and also, if he’s actually ready to put up with me.

This was a major breakthrough.

Tonight students from India, the US, Brazil, and Canada, came to have a casual meet with myself and hosts, Kasyap and Panchami.  When I say ‘casual’, I mean to say that we went less formal in the structure of things-- in regards to celebrating Ram-Nauvami.  We allowed ample time for questions which were most stimulating.  One of the students was strongly advocating that experimenting with life is superior to blindly following a religious system.  He had a firm belief in science.

“Fine,” I said, “just try experimenting with chanting in all sincerity, and you can test the results.  This can be directly perceived.”  It all became a light argument in the beginning, but he actually toned down and appreciated that application of wisdom tested in time has so much credibility.

May the Source be with you!

6 km

No comments: