Tuesday 19 April 2016

Saturday, April 9th, 2016

Saturday, April 9th, 2016
Maple, Ontario

I Was Dropped Off

I was dropped off by my driver, Yadu, at my request to get some walking in.  I completed a satsang, a session of chanting and talking at Yadu’s home.  He invited a whole group of people, friends and family from New York City, Albany, and locally, to hear something about higher consciousness.  It went well.  I spoke from the Gita, 6.9, about having that equal mind attitude towards everyone.  I also read a small portion on Krishna’s life, and informed everyone there of the Golden Year 50th anniversary of the mission started by our guru, Srila Prabhupada.

The feast served was great.

And then Yadu dropped me off, as he had the last time I paid a visit to his home.  There, at the starting point, Eglinton, near Bathurst, I had some time to myself.  I walked by Lorne Green’s former residence.  No, not the Ponderosa, but an old apartment where he stayed in the 40’s.

It’s a Jewish neighbourhood and I passed by at least 2 of the synagogues.  I noticed that there’s usually some billboards up in front of these places of worship promoting pro-Israel issues.   Apparently, the communities are fundraising through the avenue of walking and running projects.

Bomb shelters are one of the motivations behind the walking and running project.  That’s for Israel, of course.  Maybe one day, Canada may find it essential to have bomb shelters.  I don’t like the thought of it, but as we see it, with current affairs, things such as bomb shelters may become a reality one day.

Unless we come to terms with genuine spirituality, I don’t believe the peace-and-love formula will come through.  Still, the simpleton that I am, I believe that if everyone took a wholesome walk for an hour and a half each day, it would go a long way to calming the nerves in all of us.

May the Source be with you!

6 km

No comments: