Tuesday 19 April 2016

Sunday, April 10th, 2016

Sunday, April 10th, 2016
Miami, Florida

Where The Sun Does Shine

Miami is a place where the sun shines, a lot.  Dolphins, manatees, and sharks frequent some of the waters by the beach areas.  Unfortunately I don’t seem to locate them in any of my strolls along the water way, the Atlantic Ocean.

Also in Miami you get the feeling that there’s lots of affluence here.  Money, however, doesn’t always bring happiness, and that’s seen in some of the wealthy motorists that go by.

I can verify the unsatisfied feeling by some of the Miami residents who come to visit our center.  Every time I make that visit to the temple here, I see people who look curious and are wanting to go deeper into looking at their lives.  That’s a good sign, of course.

It was my dear god-brother from the Gainesville area, Tamohara Prabhu, whom I teamed up with to eliver the Sunday Open House message from the Gita, Chapter 6.  Both he and I had shared in some good communication with some new-comers.  What’s interesting is that it’s the third time that Tamohara and I did a presentation together.  We seem to complement each other in our delivery; his being very sober, equipoised, and informative, while mine can be, as he put it once, more theatrical.   It takes all kinds to make up a community, doesn’t it?

What personally hurts me, however, is that I feel we could offer more to our guests, hospitality wise.  Perhaps the knowing feeling I have within is a healthy one, one that urges towards improvement. Whatever we do, I feel, is never adequate enough.

May the Source be with you!

0 km

No comments: