Tuesday 5 April 2016

Sunday, March 6th, 2016

Sunday, March 6th, 2016                                                   
Mayapur, India

Focus Tradition

Yesterday I had been marvelling at the excellent work of Sesha.  It was the last day of our AGM and he wrapped-up our session of discussion with an ability I hadn’t seen before.  I happened to be sitting next to him at an angle where I could see his profile. He resembled, with poise, the power and penetration of a hawk. He was focused on the subject matters on the table.  Perhaps he is mastering time management skills.  Being a lawyer, he is sharp and direct, and gets to conciseness.  He would stay on topic and not allow for endless comments to enter the circle.  At the same time he made everyone in the room feel that they were sufficiently heard.

There’s a gift in all of this.

Kirtan  Mela has begun.  It is a festival of the Mantra.  By good fortune I had a time slot to lead for half an hour.  As was done last year, when the mic was given to me I addressed all the people in the Pancha Tattva Hall.

“We are going to do this in the traditional way.”

So I encouraged all to rise and get up on their feet and “Dance to the music” (Sly and the Family Stone).

The smiles were oceanic.  The moves were animated.  The sound was loud, and for a few moments of truth to set in, as expressed in the words of Shivaram Swami during the morning class “the name of the Lord is more beautiful than the form of the Lord.”

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: