Wednesday 29 June 2016

Monday, June 27th, 2016

Monday, June 27th, 2016
Venables Valley, British Columbia

New Shoes

One of the nicest gifts that ever landed my way was a pair of Ky boots.  While en route to the farm retreat at Saranagati, Ned, Nitai Priya, and I stopped at Langley for a session with Trish, who runs ‘The Core Store.’  I was not allowed to inquire into the price of these remarkable shoes, which I picked up and placed on my ailing feet-- well, at least the left leg has been aggravating me. 

The donor, Abhidheya, whom I've known from Ontario since the eighties, projected the power of her heart by this kind gift.  When doing marathon walking the whole body is precious, especially the feet.

Trish, the salesperson, was not really out to sell me the shoes.  The company, Ky Boot, born from a 'genius' (as Trish put it), is putting out a product that is about caring for the consumer.  What can I say?  I stepped into these shoes, walked around in them and they gave the sensation of moving on air.  It is a kind of magic carpet. 

Trish, also confirmed for me something I'd believed in for so many years.  Footwear with major arch support is not advantageous.  It weakens parts of the sole, hence it may even weaken your soul if your walking is for spiritual purposes.

My initial response to this new acquisition is most favourable and I thank Abhidheya, Trish, and especially Karl Muller of Switzerland, the inventor of an amazing piece of technological wear: for the feet.  When you read the books of our guru, Prabhupada, feet are referenced thousands of times.  Feet are important.

May the Source be with you!

3 miles/5 km

No comments: