Thursday 9 June 2016

Saturday, May 28th, 2016

Saturday, May 28th, 2016
Port Clinton, Ohio

Crash of Glass

There was a crash of glass just ahead of us to break the silence, and even more than that - a human voice coming from an angry woman shouted, "And don't come back!"

With that emerged a man of good build, an Afro-American, as was she, telling by the voice.  The door had slammed at this early hour of 4:30 am.  The oncoming man noticed us and so I took the lead in conversing with him.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's alright!"

"We're walking to San Francisco!" and so a friendship began.  "Don't let that, whatever was going on back there, bother you!" I suggested.

"No, I won't, but I tell yah I've never met a monk before.  You've made my day!"  And he then ventured off happily to work, or so he said he was doing.

Another precious moment came when Uttamananda and I met a security person, Bonnie, outside a factory of sorts.  She sent a message after our exchange via email.

"Good morning to the Walking Monk.  I met you while on duty this morning."

May the Source be with you!

18 miles



No comments: