Wednesday 23 November 2016

Monday, November 21st, 2016

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Parting from the Party


It is always on a tearful note that I leave the community of devotees in Buenos Aires.  It is the whole continent, South America, which seems to run on emotional fuel.  I’m caught up in it myself.

Our group that took the three and a half days to assemble a narrative dance/drama was exhausted over the hard work.  Results paid off.  I delivered two Bhagavatam classes while here, and Gaura Vani Swami, and Maha Vishnu Swami, respectively from Germany and the U.K., are monks I had a good time with.  To those whom I gave diksha initiation in the past years, I offer my deepest regards for sticking to dharma (principles).  To Maha-hari, an Argentinian native, who runs the operations at ISKCON, and Merudevi, who had done so much to pull the festival together, my dandavats (prostrations) go to them.

Actually, Balarama and I had been on such an intense program, that outside of my chanting quota, the practices, some eating and a few hours of sleep, we hadn’t visited the successful Govinda’s Restaurant, which is housed in the same complex we had been residing in.  For a send-off, we were treated to a lunch meal.  It’s a good buffet.  Spices are minimal.  We ate like kings before our final good-byes.

As in the days of our guru, Srila Prabhupada, a subtle kirtan put a closure to our devotional endeavours for this year.

Water swelled in the eyes as we parted and hugs were plenty.

May the Source be with you!


4 km

No comments: