Saturday 25 March 2017

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017
Ottawa/Mississauga


Encourage / Recommend


Winter was on the rebound.  It came back, hard and cold, overnight.  But it’s temporary, like all things in this world.  The people of Ottawa seem transcendent to it all.  On Somerset Street, which is the location of a long running Govinda’s restaurant, managed by ISKCON’s Shankar, a native of Trinidad, the students of Ottawa U are bundled up as they walk on the way to their classes.

The location is very unique, a bungalow, comfortably situated in the mid-point of the Rideau River and the Rideau Canal.  Shankar and I were just reflecting on the idealness of the spot.  Always you find a trickle of persons on this street—24/7.  It can’t be better for location.

Because of the slope you tread on this street, you automatically warm up for the slight climb. I unfortunately did not make room in the day for such brisk walking.  I was occupied in people talk.  My visits are short.  Time is of the essence.  I’m making my visits to those who are on the front line of the mission.  It’s all about encouragement and, during certain moments, mentioning something that may stand as correction, or seeing and doing things in an alternative way.  They take the form of recommendations.

I flew to Mississauga for another gathering to do with fundraising for a glorious temple in India.  Handed to me was a 3D card sent to donors of the project.  It’s an image of the Divine as protector.  The reverse reads, “I bow down to Narasimha who is ferocious and heroic like Vishnu.  He is burning from every side.  He is terrific, auspicious and the death of death personified.”

May the Source be with you!


0 km

No comments: