Sunday 16 April 2017

Thursday, April 13th, 2017

Durban, South Africa

Intense Fun

One of our girls, during our drama practice, went through an epileptic attack.  It lasted briefly.  Fortunately one of the boys had a first aid background and knew what to do.  The group of us came to her side and chanted softly.  She was revived in a matter of minutes.  She was such a good sport, I mean to say, a good team-player.  She smiled when she saw us.

“Does this happen often to you?” I asked.

“No, it hasn’t for a while.  Funny thing is, I work at a hospital.”

There was a hyped-up scene from “The Gita” that we were enacting and that seemed to stir her up.  The scene portrays the personification of the mind chasing the soul, the victim.  This scene usually excites the audience so I can understand how it arouses the actors.

Actors do try to get into their parts.  It is much like becoming one with the role in which you play.

Since I arrived in Durban it has been non-stop with rehearsals, sadhana (which includes walking) and giving classes.  I manage some sleep but not much.

The intensity of it all is somewhat easy to bear because the results are rewarding.  I’m seeing my crew (mostly young folks) thrive on the practices.  They are learning the philosophy.  And very important is the sense of numbers or counting.  It’s four beats or four counts, even to some of the martial arts moves.  Fun discipline!

May the Source be with you!


5 km

No comments: