Friday 28 April 2017

Wednesday, April 26th, 2017

Dubai / Toronto 

Give me Walking Songs

Emirates play flying songs or tunes that carry that theme.  Frank Sinatra sings, “Come Fly With Me,” over the speakers as you enter the aircraft in Dubai.  I don’t care to hear that message after a four hour stay in the airport in Mauritius, then a six hour flight, followed by a five hour stopover in Dubai before embarking on a thirteen hour flight to Toronto.

Give me some “walking” songs, please!

To kill time I watch Richard Attenborough’s “Chaplin” film.  Our guru, Srila Prabhupada, liked Charlie and enjoyed watching him on the screen on the plane.  Charlie does make you laugh.  He produced films for five decades.

Personally, I like the people who break what could be routine.  They give sparkle to your day although they themselves don’t often share a happy life.  Look at Robin Williams.

The persons who make me laugh amongst my colleagues are Achyutananda from New York (now Florida), Badrinarayana Swami (when giving a class, but not at meetings), Brahma Tirtha and Pushkar, both from North Florida, and also Ekendra from Philly.  Ekendra does this comedic routine on a right-wing fanatical Krishna monk from the Black Sea.  He’s a favourite.

I also like to call Murari Gupta, a doctor in the States who exudes this optimism.  His laugh gets me going.

I have come to appreciate that every town has a clown.  God, also has a sense of humour.

It’s important to laugh even when you live in the spirit.

May the Source be with you!


0 km

No comments: