Monday 12 June 2017

Monday June 12, 2017

Walden, Colorado

A Cabin and A Town

The Trading Post Resort is situated on the Cache la Poudre River with these charming cabins—rustic and sweet. Our group of three were given Cabin #3 for a three night stay. So after I finish walking the area, we drive back to our Home Sweet Home at Cabin #3 and rest our weary bodies after walking (that’s me) or driving and running errands (that’s Marshall and Hayagriva).

Today, I experienced a full-on attack by mosquitoes. Water from irrigation forms favourable breeding grounds for the insects to multiply, and thus, people like myself, or the cyclist from the U.K. whom I met, Roland, take a beating. It’s not only the bugs who harass, but Roland and I both were battling the wind and sun.

But it was nice to enter a town for a change; there is more interaction with humans.

At the gas station in Walden, where I made a major turn on the highway, Michael Fry asked about the clothes.

“I’m a monk!”
“That’s what my dad said. He said you are a Hare Krishna monk,” mentioned the teenager. “That’s cool! Can I get you some water?”
“Please.”

I met the librarian of the town. We donated a book, The Teachings of Krishna by Pierre Corbieu, prefaced by Bhaktimarga Swami, The Walking Monk.


May the Source be with you!

20 miles

No comments: