Monday 26 June 2017

Sunday June 25, 2017

Salt Lake City, Utah

Packed Day

Madhava had led a beautiful chanting session, followed by my talk about the walk. It was a really nice, captive audience. I mentioned I was following the trail of our guru, Srila Prabhupada, from Boston to Butler, to New York, and then heading to the West Coast. “Following in the footsteps” is a phrase used in our Krishna community, so although our guru did not literally make the trek, by foot, he did blaze the trail. My talk was last (Saturday) night.

I was also honoured to deliver a class, this morning, from the book, Bhagavatam, on the importance of hearing that which is relevant. It is relevant when we speak of atma, the soul.

One last class was held this afternoon at Spanish Fork, where a beautiful temple is established resembling the architecture of something from north India, at Kusum Sarovara. My dear godbrother and sister, Caru and Vaibhavi, have worked very hard to develop the building, community and the llama farm. To their credit, they have also begun the now popular Colour Festival of India. The known Colour Run, where runners get creamed with vibrant powder in multiple shades, has origins with this innovative couple.

The last segment of the day was spent catching up on walking. Back to Hwy 40 West went myself and two enthusiasts from the community. Vyenkat and Hitesh took me to the spot where I left off on Saturday. Beginning at mileage mark 108, we conquered from there 6 miles on foot. Jaya! (Jaya means victory).

May the Source be with you!
6 miles


P.S. A vehicle hit a badger. What a shame! Vehicles—what a curse!


No comments: