Thursday 15 June 2017

Thursday June 15, 2017

Steamboat Springs, Colorado

Mountain City

Walden is not a big town, but Carol was able to muster up some interest amongst her friends to hear about “Tales From Trails” at her yoga studio, last night. Not everyone who attended was a yoga student, necessarily. Some keen interest on seeing and hearing a swami was there. We all together went about with some mantra meditation. Thanks, Carol.

This morning’s session of walking led myself and my two helpers, Hayagriva and Marshall, into the bustling mountain city of Steamboat Springs. I like the place. There’s more pedestrians and cyclists than the regular towns I’ve been through.

It had sidewalks for a change, and that’s always a treat coming off of angular walking on the side of a highway. But it wasn’t long before I was back out in the countryside, seeing the occasional fox droppings.

Motorists have been extremely receptive at viewing a new face, with robes. I did, however, come upon a road construction crew, who, for my own safety, refused to let me walk through, even if it meant a slight circumvention.

“No!” said the lady on the construction job who held up a stop sign for the benefit of both motorists and pedestrians. “I can’t let you through. Is it against your religion to take a ride? It’s only about a mile and a half stretch.”

“I’ll co-operate.” So Randy came to drive me, even though there were side offers by motorists when they saw the predicament. I told Randy I was walking to San Fran. “Remember Nancy Sinatra’s ‘Boots’? Well, these bodies were made for walking, and that’s just what they’ll do…”

Randy had a good laugh and offered me an apple.

May the Source be with you!

22 miles

No comments: