Thursday 29 June 2017

Wednesday, June 28th, 2017

Summit Hwy 181, Utah

Getting to the Top

It was a bit of a climb by roadway.  Some sweat and strain took me to  the top of the 9,110 foot elevation.  Truckers know the power needed to reach that part of the passageway.  It’s a crawl for them.

I wish I had the agility of the bouncing deer I see here; the speed of the antelope, the strength of the beef cattle and the friskiness of the chipmunks around.

Chipmunks!  Despite the use of leg muscles not used as often for going up and now coming down, I prefer to remain the chipper monk.

I met Curtis, a Mormon.  He was the only person who stopped to talk.  He offered water and also The Book of Mormon to tuck under my arm.  I suggested he meet my two monk assistants two miles down, or so.  I also suggested he could receive from them one of our Krishna conscious books.

“The Mormons and the Krishnas have got a good relationship.  We have two vibrant centres in both Salt Lake City and Spanish Fork.”

He mentioned he would try to connect.

It was Jennifer of Radio Channel X94, a pop music station, who interviewed me today.  I was introduced as a Hare Krishna monk.  I was happy to hear she has a copy of the Bhagavad-gita at home.  She’s also likely to have the book of the Latter Day Saints which Curtis has, and now I do, as well.

I believe it’s good to share.  “Why the big walls between the groups?  Really!”

May the Source be with you!

18 miles

No comments: