Saturday 8 July 2017

Thursday July 6, 2017

Burnaby, British Columbia

Near the Fraser

Near the Fraser River, you have this rich, delta soil. Plants love it. They thrive in it. I admit I'm excited just to see the young plants of different sorts so happily situated as I walked by this fertile, flat land where relatively small farms have found themselves nestled in the very centre of Burnaby.

A number of the landowners are Chinese. At 5:45 a.m., they were readying themselves for the 27.5C (85F) sun. There also appears to be some Punjabi property owners who are good in the green thumb area.  The way some of the homes are designed, with a separate entrance for renters, shoes outside by the threshold of the door, and the fragrance of strong Indian spices lingering in the air, is always a giveaway.

Caucasian dog owners were also taking their pets for a walk. Did the Brits start that?

If you put the human element aside, then the birds are always there. A crow flew above me with some white object firmly in his beak’s grip. I imagine it's a construction piece for building. Maybe a chunk of white, stiff bread that he found? A robin did the same. In his beak were at last three fine twigs, no doubt meant for nesting material. 

I admire the birds. They're not lazy. I'm not inferring that people are. Not in this little agricultural enclave.  It's full of life. I love it, and I come here all the time to chant on my beads.

May the Source be with you!

6 km

No comments: