Tuesday 22 August 2017

Saturday, August 19th, 2017

Vancouver, British Columbia

Flying and Feeling

At the Krishna House in Las Vegas last night, families arrived after work and our walking team sang, read, ate and discussed various things with them.  It was a sweet gathering.  We were happy to know that the community here are on their way toward building a new temple in the suburbs of the city.  I guess it is something the city could use.  Personally, I don’t know about all this gambling stuff!  I was surprised to see slot machines in the airport. http://btg.krishna.com/krishnas-new-playground

There’s got to be good souls in this place.  Sure enough, I received a call from Hayagriva, who stayed on with the boys while I went off to leave for Vancouver, and I was informed that Atri Rsi, the community co-ordinator in Vegas, arranged and paid for four new tires for our support van! Thank you Atri for your utmost kindness.  What a generous soul you have!

Meanwhile, I find myself in Vancouver where everything is gearing up for the Chariot Festival. It will be  held tomorrow with a procession and then fun at Second Beach in Stanley Park. It’s the event for summer fun in a devotional manner.  I came out to the park to meet old friends, but the big event is left for Sunday.

As I was leaving, a young woman of oriental descent came running after me with a big smile and an inquisitive heart.  Her name was Chai and she was eager just to talk and communicate.  It appeared that her spirit was reaching out, wanting to probe into life’s purpose.  I delivered what I could and left her with the opportunity to speak more tomorrow at Second Beach.

May the Source be with you!

0 mi or km

No comments: