Monday 25 September 2017

Friday, September 22nd, 2017

Moundsville, West Virginia

Back in West Virginia

For the second day of fall, I find the weather not bad.  I have no network available in these hills of West Virginia, but it feels like in the 80s Fahrenheit.  It’s humid, too.  The evening will likely be substantially cooler.  We used to call these conditions ‘Indian Summer’, but I heard that is now politically incorrect to say.  Is it true?

But just before reaching West Virginia at 12 Noon on the dot, our van pulled over in order that I could be part of a radio interview over the phone.  One and half months ago I was on live and in the studio with Frank and Taylor on KUSA FM 100, of AJB FM radio, and they had asked that I call them after my cross U.S. walk was completed.  It was merely a fun follow-up.

So I called and Frank introduced me to their listeners as the Walking Monk and told them how I had finished up the mission.  They asked for my comments and I opened up by saying there is a tradition among Hare Krishna monks to travel long distances on foot for inspirational purposes and then to share some enlightenment.

At the end of the interview, I summed up by saying that the spiritual component needs to be inserted in one’s life in  order to increase it in richness and happiness.  “In America we have everything, all facilities,” and I ventured to say that our participation in spiritual practice is weak.

The radio station is located in Price, Utah, and I expressed over the air that most likely Utah was the state I liked the most.  Frank and Taylor were happy about that.

May the Source be with you!

2 miles

No comments: