Saturday 28 October 2017

Monday, October 23rd, 2017

Brampton, Ontario

Went for a Walk

I went for a walk with Savy and Ben through some autumn, forest trails. It was nice. The sunrise was phenomenal. We were chanting on our beads, a real special form of yoga, you could say.

All was good except for one thing that truly irks me when I'm in an area like the far reaches of Brampton.  It’s that urban sprawl. It manifests like a monster and consumes everything in its way. What were once  farmer’s fields, forests and open valleys, have now become the invasion of greedy creatures.

All forms of wildlife, including the coyotes, possums, raccoons, birds and the like, are forced to leave their domain to make way for the world of automation, huge homes, and square malls with low-quality food, clothes, utilities and what have you. It is a sin that its growth goes the way it does. In the end, you have a civilization of coldness.

I’ll say it again, that I have great feelings of ambivalence when in the burbs. Progress? Digress maybe. I know people have to live somewhere, but why not develop real communities which include local gardening and the presence of animals.

I will cease my cursing now, and reflect on our guru and his magnanimous contribution to the world.  Srila Prabhupada is remembered today on the anniversary of his passing.

Before 1965, there was no knowledge of Krishna. He brought Krishna to the world, and we can take it that Krishna brought Prabhupada to the world.

May the Source be with you!
8 km


I surrender!


No comments: