Saturday 7 October 2017

Monday, October 2nd, 2017

Toronto, Ontario

’Twas Awesome

It was a fast train, only four hours to get from Ottawa to Toronto. Once I arrived at the downtown Union Station, I decided, because it was an awesome day weather-wise, that I would walk to the ashram. Are you inspired?

I had my luggage with wheels and so I rolled it all the way for the 4.4 kilometres. I went north on York Street, and then through Nathan Phillips Square. I was captivated by a sculpture there. Suspended rather high was the image of a lion and a lamb looking fairly contented at each other.

Immediately I thought, “This is biblical. Now let me see….”  I began to speculate.  In truth, I should have read the plaque. This is a depiction of the heaven where there is no fear; prey and predator are one.  ’Twas awesome!

I looked up on Google some reference to the lion and lamb. Apparently the two sculptured animals are more to do with a representation of Jesus. The question is, “How should we understand the lion and the lamb passage?”

Answer: Typically, when someone is thinking of the “lion and the lamb,” Isaiah 11:6 comes to mind due to it often being misquoted. “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together.”  The true “Lion and the lamb” passage is in the book of Revelation 5:5-6. Christ is both the conquering lion of the tribe of Judah and the lamb who was slain.  There are two aspects of the nature of Christ.

Anyway, it was cool to see a beautiful work of art, with some divine message behind it, in the downtown of a corporate-culture section of town.

May the Source be with you!

6 km

No comments: