Sunday 5 November 2017

Thursday, November 2nd, 2017

Toronto, Ontario

Not Blue Suede Shoes

Tom from Windsor came to spend a few days at the ashram.  He’s good for the morning sadhana, a spiritual workout—chanting, japa and study.  Then by 9:30 a.m., he’s off to the library doing personal research.

I’ve been pushing the wet mop in the mornings.  If floors aren’t done daily, you’ll be assured of sticky black soles.  I know Prabhupada, our guru, loved cleanliness.  Also, the person who cleans feels clean.  It beckons shanti, peace.

Tom and I took evening walks these last two nights.  I have the chance to fly in the new pair of Kyboots, designed with Swiss technology and made in Italy.  Shoes like this don’t get any better.

My summer walking took its toll on my former ones, so it was time for them to reincarnate.  The pair of new shoes went out to explore various streets such as Yonge, Bloor and Davenport.

Tom noticed the city is changing and getting busier like the rest of the world.  To nature we can say, “Make way, the imposition is here!”  Condos are popping up all over the place, blocking the sky.  Stars, you won’t see.  Raindrops splatter on our chest, arms and head.  It is beautifully mild out.

My shoes are happy.  They are set out to do service.  They are helping me with posture and the knees.

I reflected on what Prabhupada said about health, that it is a priority in order to serve nicely.

I do recommend Kyboots as a way to get around. https://youtu.be/VkQS6xvjfgI

May the Source be with you!

6 km

No comments: