Friday 24 November 2017

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017

Newark, New Jersey

Daring?

“Life is a daring adventure or not at all.”  Helen Keller

The above is a quote by an amazing woman—a quote I picked up from the screen on the United Airlines on my journey back to Canada.  That journey involved a seven hour stopover at La Guardia Airport.  It was difficult trying to see an adventure coming out of hanging around a busy airport.  If you can’t extract excitement out of a day, then some dynamic is likely to make a little fun out of it.

For starters, as I went through security, I lost my phone.  It was with me five minutes earlier on the skytrain.  The folks at the security check sent me all over the place.  “Check with the people in the red suits.”  So I did.  I went here and there.  Finally we found it was with security.  The phone had slipped out of my bead bag before entering the screening machine and it had just literally fallen through the cracks.

Okay, my vital device was found.  I had no panic attack.  A swami must keep his cool.

While waiting that long wait, a fellow came up to me and asked, “So what kinda monk are you?”  I’m sure he wasn’t implying whether a ‘controlled’ one or not.  It was an inquiry more along the lines of, “What order do you belong to?”

“I’m a Hare Krishna.”

“Oh yeah?  I used to visit you guys in Boulder, Colorado.  I’d sing and dance.  The food was great….”

Anyway, those two incidents were the bright lights in my day.

May the Source be with you!

0 km

No comments: