Tuesday 23 January 2018

Friday, January 19th, 2018


Toronto, Ontario

Air Weather

Radha from Argentina is a fairly recent arrival to Canada, and like all of us, since New Year’s, has gone through an interesting deep freeze.  She was sitting at the bottom of the stairs in our ashram, when I happened to make one of my rounds through the building.

“Oh, how are you?”

“I’m fine,” she said.

“You’re surviving the extremes?”

“Yes, but now it’s good.”

“It’s now in the plus-Celsius.”

“I like it,” she remarked, vouching for the conditions of the previous two days.

“Weather here in Canada is very dramatic. You never know.” I thought of the famous line from “Forrest Gump: “…life [is]…like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.’”

It surely is a merry-go-round, or maybe even a roller coaster. Remembering the weather I braved outdoors with Jaya, on a slow walk in the neighbourhood, I found the air, with the movement of wind, to possess such great prana, or life force. It reminded me of the Spring in Radha’s country, in Buenos Aires which means “clear air.”

Clear air has just got to be one of the greatest gifts of all. It’s taken for granted so much. Mentioned in the Gita as a major purifier, it is life giving, by nature. It is to be appreciated. It is something which we should be most grateful for.

May the Source be with you!
2 km

No comments: