Wednesday 31 January 2018

Friday, January 26, 2018

Mayapura, India

With the Fords

“You’re going to live for 200 years, “ said Ambarish as we were lunching in the dining lounge. “It’s because of all the walking!”

“I wish. I would love to live to see the world spiritually develop. I look forward to the progress that will be unstoppable in Mayapura.” I was referring to Ambarish’s great contribution to the Temple of the Vedic Planetarium construction.

Ambarish’s elegant wife, Bengali born Svaha, said of her husband’s great-grandfather, Henry Ford, that he was a serious man. He was vegetarian, didn’t gamble, drink or have promiscuous sex. She referred to him as Bhakta Henry, meaning Henry, who had devotion.

Ambarish then mentioned that Bhakta Henry would give literature to his friends on the topic of reincarnation. My appreciation for the great Henry Ford increased.

I also reminded Ambarish that my father used to do maintenance work on the Ford family’s hunting lodge. The family owned a property in southern Ontario’s fertile Thames River area. It was there that Ambarish used to hang out on a motor boat with a friend in their teenage years.

I would also be at the lodge with Dad but never when the Fords were around and thus I never met Ambarish, then Alfred, at the lodge.

We were having lunch and Dustin, the opera singer, popped by. He responded to my request for him to sing a song, on the plea of helping digestion, by saying, “I’m everyone’s jukebox.”

“I’m just joking, Dustin. Save your voice for another day.”

May the Source be with you!

0 km


No comments: