Tuesday 23 January 2018

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

A Vandalistic Act

I made a police report on an act of vandalism today. It started off like this: “At approximately 10:40 a.m. today, Saturday, 20th of January, 2018, a man known to us, of medium build, about 6’1” in height, entered the temple room while I was sitting in the southwest corner area. He is white and has wavy/curly hair of brown-to-reddish colour. He wore brown pants and a sleeveless see-through top of purplish colour…”

After he entered the temple room today, he did a prostration before a statue of our guru and then wandered briefly about, making odd grunting sounds like those of a caveman. I got up and addressed him saying that he had to leave the premises...

“After he stepped outside, he picked up a rock (sometimes used to hold doors open) and tossed it into the arched, double-panelled window in the door, leaving the glass severely cracked and damaged. Looking out, I saw him going eastbound on Roxborough Street. I contacted another temple resident who called the police. They arrived about twenty minutes later. When asked by an officer, I indicated that we would like  to press charges for this act of vandalism. I would say that this individual is mentally unstable and unpredictable in action…”

In hindsight, the incident could have been worse. A rock could have been hurdled at one of our members and there could have been bloodshed; possible death, God forbid. This was my reflection as I returned from my night walk with Jaya. I peered at the glass, all cracked and fragmented.

May all prospects of illusion be shattered like that.

May the Source be with you!

4 km  

No comments: