Wednesday 10 January 2018

Saturday, January 6th, 2018

Burnaby, British Columbia

Good Saturday

I’m amazed with what a quiet, tiny little lady from Mauritius can do.  Nishta is that wonderful person I’m speaking about.  Within practically twenty-four hours, she drew a crowd of people on a Saturday, when most folks have their parties and programs set. To cause everyone to readjust venues and events after listening to an enticing voice like Nishta’s, was an extraordinary feat, but she did it.

Her living room was going to be the place for a sanga, but as interest grew her modest quarters were not able to hold the capacity crowd.  With the local temple across the street, she shifted gathering places.

Now I was to be the honoured guest, Bhaktimarga Swami, also known as the Walking Monk’. I was introduced as such and to a hefty crowd of young children, all the way up to mature adults.  The challenge is to keep the whole cross-section of people happy.

My strategy in such circumstances is to keep the kids charged up, and then you will win the hearts of all.  The reading and charades of the “Killing of Dhenukasura” were a triumph.  Then I opened up the floor for a Q & A that went very well.  More adults participated in this.  Questions were superb and relevant, keeping in the context of spiritual growth.

By bedtime I was happily fatigued when Manu and Rene both took a crack at my legs, massaging with as best an effort as possible.  I’ve been limping, remember?

May the Source be with you!

0 km

No comments: