Monday 26 February 2018

Friday, February 23rd, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

Walking the Airport Maze

Every airport interior layout is standardized like the massive one in Delhi, where passengers walk through the duty-free aisles before getting to their gates.  I guess dollars must be made and it is happening.  Those items such as liquors and colognes don’t interest a man of the renounced order.  I just literally ‘walk through’,  but a good bulk of people don’t.  They stop.  They ponder.  They buy.  It’s a shopping mall concept.

Now, if I may not overly judge, I would still offer to say that if aisles, or mazes, were some form of mandalas, they could be a labyrinth that leads to the heart.  Buddhists tend to capitalize on the walking of mandalas.  And to my knowledge, Hindus would use more circular mandalas (a Sanskrit word) with some squares and diagonal lines to gaze upon, helping concentration and promoting healing.

At some of our yajnas, or fire rituals that we use in Krishna consciousness, coloured powders are used to form yantras, like a mandala, upon a tray of sand.  Rangoli is a similar art form that is used in India and Mayapura, where I just came from, and these colourful formations are laid out on the ground and shaped with dry, rice flour, flower petals and coloured sand.  They are welcome symbols and are placed at doorways and walking paths.  Definitely they are beautiful images to take your eyes on a journey.

Too bad people step on them.

Personally, I would rather get my attention lost in some rangoli, a yantra or mandala than the booze trail.  I hope I didn’t sound too judgemental.  Sometimes I feel good telling it like it is.

May the Source be with you!
2 km

No comments: