Tuesday 6 March 2018

Monday, March 5th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

Walking Indicators

I was thrilled to receive a message from my friend, Dr. Rakesh Bhandari, who joined me walking across Canada in 1996.  He caught up with me in Eastern Ontario by way of private plane.  He came back with this response after a recent discussion with him about my taking to the Bruce Trail this year. “Haribol Maharaj.  You are [now] a member of the Bruce Trail Association.  The trail guide will be shipped to the temple.  The app can be downloaded free.  Thank you.”

“Wow! An official member of a walking trail. It feels good,” I thought.  On this fuel of joy, I was moving lightly along Bloor Street, with companion Jay.  We encountered all kinds of reminders of walking as a virtue.

At Hot Docs Theatre, a promotion was posted showing a silhouette of Vietnamese peace activist and monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, for a documentary, “Walk With Me.”  As we walked farther on, a younger zestful fellow came up from behind us.

“The Walking Monk,” he said.  We turned around.  Sure, I recalled him—a lawyer, as far as I remember. “What are you doing these days?”

“Walking!” I told him.  (laughter)

“I love it.”

Kitty-corner from the Bata Shoe Museum, we met a street musician.  I could swear I met him on Danforth in the past.  He was just ready to strum his guitar and sing.

“Still walking?” he asked.

“I just finished the States last year.”

He offered his congratulations.  I was in bliss.

May the Source be with you!

6 km

No comments: