Monday 23 April 2018

Friday, April 20th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

People of Beliefs

“Jesus loves you!” said the bearded fellow while I was walking on Bloor.

“I know he does,” I responded.

“He’s coming!” he persisted.

“I’m aware.”

“Yah gotta prepare yourself,” he said.

With my beads in hand, which I lifted up, I remarked, “I am!  See!”

That exchange more or less culminated my walk with Jai, which went for a good hour and a half, up through Little Korea and back.  The bearded bro was really determined and he was the second person of my day who demonstrated a strong conviction of purpose.

The first person was Henry, whom I hadn’t seen for twenty-five years.  He came to visit Govinda’s restaurant at which time he decided to come upstairs and knock on my door.  Somehow or other we got to talking about the world situation, the secularization of it, the breakdown of family, and a future globe of alienation and loneliness.

Henry is firm in his belief of Brave New World and 1984; both novels reveal a future of control and horror.  Henry is this truly nice guy who’s visited India about eighteen times and is rather thoughtful.  Both he and I ended up on the same page regarding conspiracy theories.

Our, guru, Srila Prabhupada, offered a solution to a troubled world ahead, and that is to get serious about spiritual life, build rural communities, etc.

May the Source be with you!
7 km


No comments: